Sunday, September 26, 2010

A statement of Purpose

The Brass Monkey is the name of a character, mind you a rather rare and amazing character, in Rushdie's novel Midnight's Children. The monkey enjoys entertaining herself with fabulous little destructive habits like igniting shoes. I've named this blog after this character because I like her name and I'm a big fan of her antics. I also think it's appropriate because you'll be reading about my escapades in India in the coming months. (I recommend the book by the way)

To quote the Tony-award winning broadway musical Avenue Q, "Purpose...it's that little flame that lights a fire under your ass." So I'm planning on this this fire nearly igniting my arse and keeping me updating you readers. I hope you enjoy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment