Thursday, November 18, 2010

Let me start by saying that the last paper I wrote that was of any significant length (10 pages) was about psychology...which is a science, in case you didn't know. My point is that I'm a science-y kind of gal and I rather like that. So, when it came to writing a paper about historigraphy (which I'm not sure I'm even spelling correctly), I didn't even know where to begin. Needless to say, it was a painful experience that I'd rather not relive but what's important now is that I did it and now I happily return to writing blog posts. (Well, at least until a couple weeks from now when I'll undergo the paper-writing process yet again- this time with a much longer paper as the goal. 20 pages?! GAH!)

Moving right along, our last few days in Pune were filled with last-minute errand runs and a realization that I quickly become addicted to lattes. One errand run was rather interesting because we ended up in a rickshaw in the pouring rain. I was lucky to be in the middle, but the two girls on the sides got soaked. I love how susceptible we are to nature.

On to Mysore! It's quite an interesting place, I must say. It seems more developed in some ways- the buses here actually have numbers on them and say what route they're on. I wonder if they actually stop to pick up passengers. Oh, I don't think I mentioned: people who ride public transportation here end up chasing the buses down and jumping off them while they're still in motion, for whatever reason long ago it was decided that buses should not stop for those getting on or off. Interesting move on Pune's part. 

While I do believe that a blog post without pictures is better than no blog post at all, I really want to save descriptions of the amazing places we've been seeing until I can post pictures to accompany them. Until then I leave you with a list of some exciting things that happened today.

First off, I saw a cow being milked. It was fascinating, I've never seen that happen before. I really wanted to ask the guy milking if I could have a try but I resisted the urge knowing communicating that I wanted to milk his cow would inevitably result in me getting kicked out of town if not worse.

Also, I got a sari. Pics to follow!

Happy Thanksgiving (early I know, but I might not have internet again until after then) to everyone in the states! Eat LOTS of stuffing and such for me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment